PREMIUMForeign companies go ahead with acquisition plans despite COVID-19 pandemic

first_imgLOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Forgot Password ? Log in with your social account Facebook Topics : A number of multinational companies are pressing on with their mergers and acquisitions in Indonesia despite the uncertain global economic conditions and threat of a recession caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.Japanese cement producer Taiheiyo Cement Corporation announced on April 22 that it had signed a partnership agreement with state-owned PT Semen Indonesia and planned to invest US$220 million to buy a 15 percent stake in its subsidiary PT Solusi Bangun Indonesia (SBI).Taiheiyo said in a statement that the alliance with Semen Indonesia and SBI was aimed at boosting its business in the long term as cement demand in Japan might decline due to the aging population.“Although we believe cement demand will remain at a certain level in the medium term due to infrastructure renewal and disaster prevention and mitigation, we expect demand will decline in the long run caused by… Google Linkedin Indonesia Taiheiyo-Cement-Corporation Bangkok-Bank Bank-Permata Astra-International standard-charteredlast_img read more

‘Historic humiliation’: Spanish media flay Barca after Bayern debacle

first_imgRelatedPosts Bayern Munich fans undergo Super Cup coronavirus tests Vidal lands in Milan to complete move from Barca to Inter Barca president Bartomeu says he won’t go to war anymore with Messi The Spanish media showed no mercy to Barcelona after their epic 8-2 defeat by Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals.The media called for huge changes at the club after a night that will be difficult to erase from their memory. “Historic humiliation,” cried the cover of Barcelona-based newspaper Sport, adding: “A ridiculous Barca suffered its biggest defeat in Europe, ending a lamentable season without a trophy for the first time in 12 years.”Daily Mundo Deportivo described the defeat on its cover as: “A shameful end to an era,” also declaring that coach Quique Setien would be immediately sacked and that president Josep Maria Bartomeu would call an election imminently.National newspaper AS used the same headline as Sport, adding: “The disaster against Barca opens up a crisis with far-reaching consequences at every level of the club.”Marca used the word “shame” on its cover, adding that Setien, who was hired in January to try and restore some style and flair to the team, had “one foot and a half out of the door”.Sport gave defender Nelson Semedo a rating of one out of 10 after he was tormented by Alphonso Davies in the build-up to the fifth goal scored by Joshua Kimmich. It gave Setien a rating of zero, adding: “He cannot spend one more day in Barca’s dugout.”AS also said Setien’s days at the club were numbered, adding that former Tottenham Hotspur coach Mauricio Pochettino was waiting in the wings.This was in spite previously saying he would never coach Barca due to his loyalty to former club Espanyol.Reuters/NAN.Tags: Bayern MunichFC Barcelonamediasocial mediaUEFA Champions Leaguelast_img read more