South Tangerang achieves 88 percent compliance rate with COVID-19 protocols

first_imgNevertheless, the city has made some exceptions, such as allowing places of worship to reopen under required health protocols. “All these health protocols must be applied to prevent us from contracting or transmitting COVID-19,” Suharno said. According to South Tangerang COVID-19 task force data, the city had recorded 480 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 37 deaths as of Saturday.Meanwhile, Banten has recorded 1,719 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 85 deaths as of Saturday.(trn)Topics : Residents of South Tangerang, Banten, have largely adhered to health protocols put in place to curb COVID-19 transmission, with a compliance rate of 88.2 percent, the South Tangerang COVID-19 task force reported on Saturday.“Because of this achievement, the effective reproduction number [Rt] is 0.2,” South Tangerang COVID-19 task force spokesperson Suharno said as quoted by kompas.com.South Tangerang deputy mayor Benyamin Davine previously said the administration would only prepare for a “new normal” if a compliance rate of 90 percent was achieved. last_img read more

Osimhen, Chukwueze, Oshoala up for CAF awards + list of top contenders

first_imgRelatedPosts Napoli Coach: Osimhen young lad with old brain Super Eagles stars model new national team jersey Oshoala visits Lagos Oba Nigerian star football players: Asisat Oshoala, Victor Osimhen, Samuel Chukwueze, are in the shortlist for honours at the 2019 CAF Awards ceremony scheduled for the Albatros Citadel Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt on Tuesday night. Winner of the gong in 2014, 2016 and 2017, and also among the final three in 2018, Super Falcons’ captain Oshoala, is highly favoured for a fourth African Woman Player of the Year crown, which will equal the feat of fellow Nigerian, Perpetua Nkwocha. The other contenders are Ajara Nchout from Cameroon and South Africa’s Thembi Kgatlana, who was crowned in Dakar, Senegal 12 months ago. Super Eagles’ aces Chukwueze and Osimhen are in the battle for the Young Player of the Year award, with Morocco’s Achraf Hakimi up against the duo. Nigeria’s Super Falcons is primed for the award of the Women’s National Team of the Year, having successfully retained their continental crown in Ghana in December 2018 and reached the knockout stage of the FIFA Women’s World Cup in France last year summer. Cameroon’s Indomitable Lionesses and Banyana Banyana of South Africa are contending against the nine-time African champions. Former Super Falcons’ coach, Thomas Dennerby, is also in the running for honours after being listed for the Women’s Coach of the Year for his work with the Super Falcons. Dennerby will battle South Africa’s Desire Ellis and Cameroon’s Alain Djeumfa. The final phase of voting for the men’s and women’s African Player of the Year, as well as the male and female Coach of the Year, will be selected by Head Coaches/Technical Directors and Captains of senior national teams from CAF Member Associations. Meanwhile, the Interclubs Player of the Year will be decided upon by the Head Coaches and Captains of the group phase of the current season of CAF Interclubs competitions.The top three contenders for all the categories: African Player of the Year Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool) Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City) Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool) African Women’s Player of the Year Ajara Nchout (Cameroon & Valerenga) Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Barcelona) Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Beijing Phoenix FC)African Interclubs Player of the Year Anice Badri (Tunisia & Esperance) Tarek Hamed (Egypt & Zamalek) Youcef Belaïli (Algeria & Esperance / Ahli Jeddah)African Youth Player of the Year Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Borussia Dortmund) Samuel Chukwueze (Nigeria & Villarreal) Victor Osimhen (Nigeria & Lille)African Men’s Coach of the Year Aliou Cisse (Senegal – Senegal) Djamel Belmadi (Algeria – Algeria) Moïne Chaâbani (Tunisia – Esperance)African Women’s Coach of the Year Alain Djeumfa (Cameroon) Desiree Ellis (South Africa) Thomas Dennerby (Nigeria) African Men’s National Team of the Year Algeria Madagascar SenegalAfrican Women’s National Team of the Year Cameroon Nigeria South Africa.Tags: 2019 CAF AwardsAsisat OshoalaSamuel ChukwuezeVictor Osimhenlast_img read more

Witness Becomes Temporarily Speechless in Belgian’s Murder Trial

first_imgDrama unfolded at the murder trial of Michel Bruno, a Belgian national, at the Criminal Court ‘A’ when a prosecution witness became temporarily confused.Moses H. Kermue, prosecution’s third witness stood speechless in the box for a few minutes before denying having knowledge that the defendants shot   Bruno, then Plantation Manager of Liberia Agriculture Company (LAC).Kermue is a senior officer of LAC’s Plant Protection Division (PPD).He was the only person cross examined by defense counsel.The defendants are charged with murder for allegedly shooting and killing Bruno on November 17, 2010 at LAC’s 3.3 extension site in District #3 Grand Bassa County. They have since denied the allegation levied against them.Testifying on Tuesday, April 8, the third witness caused a stir when he consistently asserted that he did not know whether the defendants murdered Bruno, alleging he heard the information from reliable sources in the employ of LAC. His vehement denials, even under questioning by his own lawyer, raised eyebrows.Witness Kermue could not disclose the name of his reliable sources.He refused a suggestion from prosecution lawyers, who asked him to point at the defendants in the box that were arrested in connection to Bruno’s death.“As I said previously, on November 17, 2010, I was not on the scene, and I can’t identify any of the defendants in the box who were arrested in connection with the murder of Bruno.”To the question as to whether he was aware that the defendants upon their arrest were investigated at the PPD’s headquarters in LAC, Kermue answered: “I was not there when they (defendants) were investigated at the headquarters. What I can say is I only heard that information, but I have no knowledge about it.”Earlier, Kermue explained that the day before Bruno was shot and killed, the chief of PPD, Major Garfe E. Mason, drove to his house and took him to LAC’s extension site to protect the company’s workers that had gone there to survey the land.“When we got there, we saw the surveying team headed by the late Bruno along with Alexander Peterson, Price Tawo, Matthew Daigar, Saye Yeasie and two PPD officers and we all moved to the bush together,” he added, “When we got into the bush the Surveyor began to clear the road and they started to plant their pegs.”According to him, while the survey was in process, they saw a group of men under the control of one of the defendants, Arthur Crusoe.“Crusoe asked us where we were coming from and we answered that we are from LAC Plantation. Crusoe then told us that he learnt LAC was about to conduct a survey in the district. He said this was the reason, we have declared this day as a holiday in our area. LAC has been fooling us this time around, LAC is not going to fool us. In fact, I am going to let the government to know about this,” witness Kermue quoted defendant Crusoe as saying.“It was at this time,” the witness alleged “that a lady I couldn’t recognize in the group turned to one of the surveyors, the late James Myers, and said, “James, I know you very well, don’t be part of these people again.”“After that statement, we immediately left the area,” the prosecution witness further alleged. In an hour-long cross-examination, which was not different from the questions and suggestions posed to previous prosecution witnesses, Kermue’s response to most of them were negative. The prosecution declined to continue with his examination.The case continues.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Families devastated as valuable service announces closure

first_imgThe Donegal-based ParentStop charity has announced that it has been forced to end services due to a lack of funding.The charity, which was established 14 years ago, will end its services at the end of 2019.ParentStop provides a wide range of services including co-parenting support, and providing support with financial, health and bullying issues. In 2018, the group assisted over 400 families across Donegal. But as vital funding sources fell through in 2018 and funding delays hit the charity this year, the board has reached crisis point.The voluntary board, which employs five part-time staff, said the decision to cease services was not taken lightly.In a statement, ParentStop Manager Patricia Lee said: “Keeping the charity running has been a constant struggle. Having explored all options ParentStop is no longer in a position to remain open or to continue to offer the most appropriate level of service to parents, their families and children.”Ms Lee told clients and supporters: “On behalf of all the team at ParentStop please know that we deeply appreciate what a privilege it has been to be invited into your lives and thank you for your belief, support and personal investment.” Reacting to the news, families who benefitted from the services have said it is a ‘devastating loss to children, parents and families in Donegal’. Other people have commended the professional and exceptional efforts of staff at ParentStop, which they say will be greatly missed.Families devastated as valuable service announces closure was last modified: October 7th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:charityclosureParentstoplast_img read more

How to watch or stream Raiders on ‘Hard Knocks’

first_imgWith Antonio Brown, Jon Gruden and other big personalities, the Oakland Raiders are likely to be as compelling a team as “Hard Knocks” has seen in some time.There’s already some drama about HBO’s cameras being at the team’s Napa facility, and watching controversial veterans Richie Incognito and Vontaze Burfict try to make the team should provide plenty more.So, for those who don’t already have an HBO subscription, how can you watch the action?Streaming “Hard Knocks” is pretty simple: You can …last_img

New Zidane? Man Utd’s €100m target Milinkovic-Savic

first_imgTransfers Who is Sergej Milinkovic-Savic? The €100m Man Utd target compared to Zidane Mark Doyle Deputy Features Editor Last updated 1 year ago 06:00 6/17/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(1) Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Lazio Getty Images Transfers World Cup Lazio Manchester United Serie A Premier League Costa Rica v Serbia Serbia Costa Rica Real Madrid Primera División Paul Pogba Zinédine Zidane Yaya Touré Opinion Serbia sacked their coach in order to ensure their star midfielder’s participation in this summer’s World Cup – now the pressure is on to deliver Before Wednesday’s sensational developments at the Spain camp in Krasnodar, the most surprising coaching decision taken by one of the nations involved in this summer’s World Cup had been Serbia sacking Slavoljub Muslin last October.The 64-year-old had led the country to top spot in UEFA Group D, ahead of Republic of Ireland and Wales, yet three weeks after sealing their spot in Russia with a 1-0 win over Georgia in Belgrade, Muslin was relieved of his duties.Why? Because he refused to pick Serbia’s biggest star, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks Out of his depth! Emery on borrowed time after another abysmal Arsenal display Diving, tactical fouls & the emerging war of words between Guardiola & Klopp Sorry, Cristiano! Pjanic is Juventus’ most important player right now Arsenal would be selling their soul with Mourinho move The midfielder had garnered a reputation as one of the most talented young players on the planet by inspiring Serbia to victory at both the European Under-19 Championship, in 2013, and the Under-20 World Cup two years later. Then, after moving to Lazio in 2015, he justified the hype with a string of dynamic displays.Yet Mulsin could find no place for him in his Serbia side, feeling that Milinkovic-Savic did not have the requisite skills to play in a midfield two in his preferred 3-4-3 formation.”The coach is the one that selects players and if he gets a good result, he is right,” Muslin argued. “We qualified for the World Cup without him, didn’t we? Also, Dusan Tadic, who played in his position, had four goals and eight assists! So, it made sense to play Tadic and Adem Ljajic in midfield. “Would I have called Sergej up for the World Cup? Theoretically, yes. I have nothing against the lad; he is great player.”But no one has a guaranteed place in the squad.”Unfortunately for Muslin, Serbian Football Association (FSS) chief Slavisa Kokeza didn’t agree. Kokeza was dissatisfied with the country’s performances on the road to Russia and, according to Muslin, he was told to “change the way we play and change some players”. The message was clear: he had to pick Milinkovic-Savic.Muslin SerbiaOf course, it was easy to understand why Kokeza felt the Lazio ace warranted inclusion. By last summer, he was being linked with a move to one of Europe’s elite and now, after a spectacular season featuring 14 goals and eight assists in all competitions, he is arguably the most in-demand player in world football.Muslin’s response to Milinkovic-Savic’s fine form? “He’s playing well for Lazio – so what? [Karim] Benzema is a key striker at Real Madrid and has won three Champions Leagues in a row and he is not in the French national team, yet France don’t play badly because of that.”Indeed, the suggestion has always been that while Muslin rated Milinkovic-Savic as a player, he was unconvinced by his versatility and, more interestingly, his character.While still in charge of Serbia last October, he explained, “With me as a coach, a player has to have three qualities to get in the team: skill; he has to fit in the team as a player; and he has to fit in the team as person.”As far as Muslin was concerned, Milinkovic-Savic never ticked all three boxes. And, it must be said, Muslin is not the only figure in football to have taken a dislike to the 23-year-old.Milinkovic-Savic Serbia Caps PSMilinkovic-Savic was literally about to sign for Fiorentina on July 25, 2015 when the Serbian broke down in tears, confessing, “I’m sorry but I can’t. I really can’t.”Viola sporting director Daniele Prade was as annoyed as he was astounded. He refused to try to change the Genk midfielder’s mind. “We don’t beg anyone to come here,” Prade declared. “Sergej asked us to hold off on doing the medical so that he could speak with his girlfriend and then decide.”But, for us, that wasn’t on. If he has issues outside of football to resolve, then we’re going to take a step back and say, ‘Enough’.”In hindsight, perhaps the Viola should have been a little more patient and understanding – and not just because Milinkovic-Savic, almost inevitably, opened his Serie A account against Fiorentina, in January 2016. Prade’s hard-line response to his 11th-hour breakdown was perhaps justified but it wasn’t particularly shrewd, as it ultimately paved the way for Lazio to sign the Serbian the very next day for €9 million and the Viola’s loss has proved the Biancocelesti’s gain.That gain could be about to get a whole lot bigger.World Cup Group E PSLazio are set to demand at least €100m for their most valuable asset – and they could get it too, with Juventus interested and Manchester United particularly keen to take him to Old Trafford this summer.The cost could be prohibitive for the Bianconeri but they are desperate to upgrade their midfield with a genuine world-class talent and Milinkovic-Savic’s father, Nikola, believes “Juventus is the perfect team” for his son.As for the man himself, he has made no secret of his admiration for Jose Mourinho – “He is the best manager in the world!” – and he looks a perfect fit for the Portuguese, given he is as physically imposing as he is technically gifted.His father Nikoka is a former professional footballer, while his mother Milana played basketball – and it is also worth noting that his brother Vanja plays for Torino as a goalkeeper.He has long been a prodigious talent, too. His agent, former Chelsea striker Mateja Kezman, decided to sign him up after watching just 10 minutes of Milinkovic-Savic in action during a training session with Vojvodina’s youth team.Hernan Crespo is also in no doubt that the Spain-born starlet would excel in England. “Milinkovic-Savic is a great player,” the Argentine told Goal. “He is a player that plays everywhere. He is very physical. “If he went to the Premier League next season, he would be great. He plays very well as a physical midfielder and he gets into the box almost effortlessly. “I think he is ready to play for any club in Europe. I don’t talk about money but he is very strong.”Indeed, he has even been compared with France and Real Madrid legend Zinedine Zidane.”That comparison can only flatter me,” Milinkovic-Savic told FIFA.com. “However, I see myself more as a Yaya Toure.”But I can see myself as a future playmaker. That is how I like to play most, and my last season in Lazio has proved it.”At this summer’s World Cup, he now has the chance to prove himself worth the €100m fee that Lazio are demanding.Doing so would also vindicate Kokeza’s decision to pick him to carry Serbia’s hopes in Russia – rather than Muslin.last_img read more

Speculations floats around Michael Misicks return

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppSpeculations and questions have been floating around as it regards when the former Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands, Michael Missick will be returning to the islands. Well one report is saying it would not be anytime soon as the former Premier has until next week to challenge the extradition decision. Another source has informed Magnetic Media that nothing has been heard as yet as it regards Misick’s return. Misick was denied asylum in Brazil last week when the courts ordered an extradition. News Break will continue to keep you informed with the latest developments on this story. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:last_img

Air quality diminished Acquinas monitoring

first_img No arrests likely for landfill fire, says Minister Related Items:#airqualitylowatAquinasCollege, #magneticmedianews, #NassauDumpFire, #smokecausingpoorairquality Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you We March not going to PMs home Dump fire burning, deliberate act says Minister Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, April 3, 2017 – Nassau – The fire at the New Providence dump also affected students at the Aquinas College in New Providence, Nassau.   A representative from the school reported to Magnetic Media that some students, mainly those who are asthmatic, were absent from school when the fire took place.The large blankets of smoke affected the entire area of New Providence. The Aquinas College has been proactive in cleansing the environment of the school.  An environmental system has been in place for over a year, testing the air in and surrounding the school; making sure that it is conducive to human well-being.#MagneticMediaNews#Nassaudumpfire#smokecausingpoorairquality#airqualitylowatAquinasCollegelast_img read more