Wounded Warrior Project

first_imgParticipating in our Democracy is more than about just voting nationally and locally on Tuesday, although that is a very good start. Take your patriotism to the next level by participating in a race that benefits our wounded troops. Soldiers coming home from war with physical and mental scars need all the help we can give them, and supporting races like the Wounded Warrior Project 8-K goes a long way. Not only do these events raise funds to bring wounded veterans back into society, but they boost morale across the board.Despite the current climatic unstableness in the Atlantic, fall is the perfect season for running. The cool climate, dry air, and gorgeous scenery make getting out on the road or trail that much more enjoyable. When you are also helping a great cause, running through the pain never hurt so good. The Wounded Warrior Project is one of the largest veterans support networks, and this weekend they are staging their 8K run in Franklin, Tenn. Race day registration is open, so feel free to sign up for the 8K or 1K fun run. If you don’t want to run, but are in the area, get out to the finish line and support runners and Wounded Warriors alike.View Larger Maplast_img read more

127 people linked to Bandung church event test positive for COVID-19

first_img On March 21, a pastor who attended the seminar died after testing positive for COVID-19. His wife also contracted the disease and died about a week later.Ryan B. Ristandi, the person-in-charge of West Java’s Health Laboratory said that of Tuesday, 17 patients linked to the church event were under surveillance for COVID-19 and had been hospitalized.Oded urged his residents to keep practicing social distancing and stay at home as the number of COVID-19 cases in Bandung and West Java rose.”The spread [of COVID-19] is getting wider. I ask all residents to be disciplined and stay at home. Don’t go out as much unless you need to buy essentials,” he said. One hundred and twenty-seven people have tested positive after rapid tests were carried out on hundreds of people who attended a Lembang Bethel Church of Indonesia (GBI) event in Bandung, West Java.”We will follow up the rapid tests with swab tests because the results from the rapid tests are less accurate compared to swab tests,” Bandung Mayor Oded Daniel said on Wednesday.About 2,000 people had attended a religious seminar held by GBI Lembang between March 2 and 6. Meanwhile, the Sukabumi Health Agency is planning to conduct rapid tests on people who live around the Police Officer Candidate School (Setukpa) in Sukabumi.”We’ll carry out the tests around the police academy after the health agency receives 2,000 rapid test kits,” Sukabumi COVID-19 spokesperson Wahyu Handriana said.Previously, 300 of 1,550 students of the academy tested positive for COVID-19 after rapid tests.According to the central government’s official count, there were 223 confirmed COVID-19 cases in West Java as of Thursday. (nal)Topics :last_img read more

Serie A sets Sept. 30 bid deadline for media rights unit: Sources

first_imgSerie A presidents are expected to meet as soon as Oct. 6 to review the offers and select a preferred bidder to enter exclusive talks, the sources said.The meeting has yet to be formalized but would take place immediately after the summer transfer window, which will close on Oct. 5, they said.One of the sources cautioned, however, that the league might take longer to make up its mind.”This is going to be a long-lasting battle. We are nowhere close to the end,” he said.But Serie A is facing pressure to strike a new TV rights deal to replace the one that expires at the end of the current season.”It is important to decide quickly to give the new media company time to deal with the TV rights 2021-2024 sale”, one of the sources said. Serie A has asked buyout funds racing for a stake in its media rights business to submit their final offers by Sept. 30 as Italy’s top soccer league scramble to wrap up the process, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.Two rival private equity consortia led by CVC Capital Partners and Bain Capital are vying for a 10% stake in a newly created entity that will handle Italian league broadcasting rights for ten seasons.The two funds submitted initial proposals in early September valuing the stake at about 1.6 billion euros and are now working on improving the structure and terms of their respective bids, the sources said. The deal is seen as key to boosting the league’s vital broadcasting rights business, especially abroad, while helping its clubs, which include Juventus and AC Milan, weather the coronavirus crisis.Bain is in talks to strike a partnership deal with Spanish media rights agency Mediapro, which could add industry expertise to navigate the complexity of the Serie A transaction, two of the sources said.Mediapro, which was not immediately available for comment, has worked on the TV rights of other football leagues including Spain’s La Liga and France’s Ligue 1.CVC is also working on its final bid and exploring ways to sweeten its terms by Sept. 30, another source said.center_img Topics :last_img read more

Updated Hawthorne home hits the market

first_imgOne of the many entertaining areas at 61 Dover St, Hawthorne.“It was just a normal night, and we were sitting out on the deck and he just proposed,” Mrs Devlin said.“This is also the first house we brought our two-year-old son Timmy home to.” The home at 61 Dover St, Hawthorne.Moving on from 61 Dover St will be hard for Sam and Victoria Devlin, with it being the birthplace of many memories.Not long after moving into the two-level Hawthorne home, Mr Devlin proposed to his now wife. The new kitchen is both stylish and functional.Upstairs there is an open plan kitchen and living, two more living spaces, a powder room, another bedroom and a master with ensuite and robe.Mrs Devlin said one of her favourite spaces in the home was outdoors on the deck.“We’ve had so many amazing parties,” she said. “There’s so much outdoor entertaining space so our friends always come here.” Open plan living, kitchen and dining.She said while she loved the home, it was time to sink her teeth into another challenge.“We want to have more kids and find our forever house,” she said.“We feel like it’s time for the next project.”Mrs Devlin said the house was great for professionals who loved entertaining, with access to the CityCat nearby, and it would also be perfect for those looking to downsize.center_img Beautiful bay windows with nook seating is featured in the home.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020The house has been extensively renovated, with a new kitchen, lighting and flooring, along with major landscaping and a fresh lick of paint inside and out.Mrs Devlin said they wanted to keep the character of the 1930s Queenslander, but give it a modern and relaxing touch.“Once you’re in the house you feel like you’re in your own little sanctuary,” she said.The lower floor has three bedrooms, a bathroom, a laundry, two living areas and a double lockup garage. Modern bathrooms feature in the home.last_img read more

Atsu withdrawn from Ghana squad through injury

first_imgChristian Atsu has been forced to withdraw from Ghana’s forthcoming 2014 World Cup qualifying fixture with Sudan.The midfielder suffered an ankle injury whiles playing for club, FC Porto in the Portuguese league over the weekend.Doctors have ruled him from Sunday’s Group D game against the Nile Crocodiles at the Baba Yara Stadium, which means coach Kwesi Appiah’s coach is down to 23 players from the original 24 named last week.Kwesi Appiah said: “We have spoken to FC Porto doctors and it is impossible for Atsu to recover in time for the game against Sudan. So officially, Atsu is out of the game.“We wish him speedy recovery and will continue to monitor his progress.”Black Stars squad Goalkeepers: Adam Kwarasey (Stromsgodset, Norway), Fatau Dauda (AshantiGold), Daniel Agyei (Liberty Professionals).Defenders: Harrison Afful (Esperance, Tunisia), Yaw Frimpong (TP Mazembe, DR Congo), Richard Kissi Boateng (TP Mazembe, DR Congo), Baba Abdul Rahman (Greuther Furth, Germany), John Boye (Rennes, France), Jonathan Mensah (Evian, France), Isaac Vorsah (Red Bull Salzburg, Austria), Awal Mohammed (Maritzburg United, South Africa)Midfielders: Emmanuel Frimpong (Fulham, England), Rabiu Mohammed (Evian, France), Emmanuel Agyemang Badu (Udinese, Italy), Kwadwo Asamoah (Juventus, Italy), Sulley Muntari (AC Milan, Italy), Wakaso Mubarak (Espanyol, Spain), Solomon Asante (TP Mazembe, DR Congo), Albert Adomah (Bristol City, England)Strikers: Asamoah Gyan (Al Ain, UAE), Abdul Majeed Waris (Spartak Moscow, Russia), David Accam (Helsingborg, Sweden ), Mahatma Otoo (Hearts of Oak)last_img read more

Atsu to represent Newcastle United in ePremier League

first_imgNewcastle United have selected Christian Atsu as their representative in the inaugural ePremier League tournament.The Premier League has been inactive for more than a month due to the coronavirus pandemic, and while people remain at home because of the subsequent lockdown, the ePremier League presents an opportunity to keep the players and fans engaged and entertained.Selected Premier League players will go up against one another by representing their clubs in EA Sports FIFA 20.The winner of the competition will be announced on April 25, with the proceeds going to the #PlayersTogether campaign in support of the National Health Service – the agency at the forefront of fighting the coronavirus pandemic in the United Kingdom.https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1252179831745384449?s=20Atsu will be going up against the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Todd Cantwell (Norwich City), Ryan Fredericks (West Ham United), Diogo Jota (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) and Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace).Prior to the lockdown, Atsu had played 18 times for Newcastle in the Premier League this season, but only eight were starts, three of which he completed the 90 minutes in. The 27-year-old Ghanaian has a year left to run on his contract and has been tipped for a move away from St. James’ Park in search of more first-team football.last_img read more

Wellington Police Notes: Tuesday, June 14, 2016

first_imgWellington Police notes: Tuesday, June 14, 2016•2:45 a.m. Steven T. Anderson, 49, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for disobeyed stop sign.•9:10 a.m. Richard L. Boone, 47, La Cygne, was issued a notice to appear for speeding 40 mph in a 30 mph zone (radar) and disobeyed traffic signal.•9:30 a.m. Anita L. Nelson, 52, South Haven, was issued a notice to appear for speeding 43 mph in a 30 mph zone.•10 a.m. Officers took an occurrence report in the 700 block S. Washington, Wellington.•12:40 p.m. Juvenile female, 16, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for speeding 47 mph in a 30 mph zone.•12:43 p.m. Officers took a report of a domestic family dispute in the 1100 block E. 16th, Wellington by known subject(s).•1:10 p.m. Officers investigated a theft of tools in the 2100 E 12th, Wellington.•1:30 p.m. Officers took a report of found property in the 900 block E. Mill, Wellington.•2:50 p.m. Joshua Michel, 20, Wichita, was issued a notice to appear for defective trailer lights/brakes.•4 p.m. Phyllis A. Todd, 62, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for illegal registration.•4:54 p.m. Alexa R. Stallbaumer, 25, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for speeding 47 mph in a 30 mph zone.•5:30 p.m. Laci M. Leggett, 32, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for speeding 45 mph in a 30 mph zone.•5:40 p.m. Christine M. Bacon, 31, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for speeding 48 mph in a 30 mph zone.•5:50 p.m. Tammy R. Herrington, 47, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for speeding 44 mph in a 30 mph zone.•6:24 p.m. Julie J. Zeka-Wright, 37, Wellington was issued a notice to appear for speeding 55 mph in a 30 mph zone.•6:24 p.m. Officers investigated a theft in the 2000 block E. 16th, Wellington by known suspect. The items were recovered.•7:55 p.m. Officers took a report of a neighbor dispute in the 1000 block Shadylane Court, Wellington.last_img read more

University of Iowa seeks to expel student from China a second time

first_imgIOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — The University of Iowa has expelled a student from China for repeated academic misconduct for a second time after the first effort collapsed in court.Court records show that business student Pengzhen Yin was notified of his expulsion earlier this month, just weeks before he is expected to graduate.Yin has asked a judge to put the expulsion on hold, arguing that it is based on the same cheating incidents for which he was already expelled and reinstated.Judge Karen Romano ruled in December that the university lacked proof that Yin plagiarized a paper. That allegation had prompted his expulsion because it was his third alleged violation of the business school’s honor code.After that ruling, the lawyer for the Board of Regents asked Romano to reconsider newly obtained emails to university officials in which Yin admitted he didn’t write the paper in question.Romano refused, saying the board was asking for a “do-over” after failing to bring forward critical evidence.last_img read more

15 years after the purchase of United by the “invisible brothers”

first_imgAbsent owners and bad management with Sir AlexIn addition to an already known absence of the Glazers, this newspaper assures that the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson became traumatic at Manchester United. Behind the, Only Jose Mourinho enjoyed a project with some results: a second place in the League and a Europa League in his best campaign. 15 years ago, the Glazers took over Manchester United. Americans more than a decade later are in a delicate situation. Red devils have lost and for a long time the dominance of English football in recent years and the fans are already organized for years against such a disastrous and absent management except for the dolphin, Ed Woodward.Daily Mail has compiled several of the aspects that have led to a situation that seemed difficult to believe at the beginning of the decade when United came from being European champion and reigned regularly in the Premier. They say that one of the keys to the club’s success was the relationship between Sir Alex Ferguson and David Gill, Executive Vice President of the club, which was replaced by the unpopular Woodward. Gill and Ferguson met every Friday morning to assess the status of the equipment and maintain a fluid line of information between field and offices. In summer, Gill went to the market knowing the needs and the players that Sir Alex wanted and who was responsible for making performance.“A period of Woodward with Gill would have helped him to know how the club worked,” he says. This newspaper as a solution afterwards.Transfers: a lot of expense and little performanceThe focus is also on the signings. The club signs more than before and also, with players that offer worse performance. The lack of control when managing this plot is clear in the hiring of Harry Maguire and Bruno Fernandes. Daily Mail points out how United stretched the rope in search of a rebate that it failed. In the end, both players arrived for a fairly high figure and later than they could do the first time.The team continues one more year adrift. United is qualified for the Europa League qualifiers and is the eighth place in the Premier League, six points behind European positions.last_img read more

Prince Eze tops NCAA MVP race after the first round

first_imgBishop Baylon encourages faithful in Albay to help Taal evacuees Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next PH hockey team ‘getting hungrier’ with newfound support Hotdog’s Dennis Garcia dies View comments Search on for 5 Indonesians snatched anew in Lahad Datu Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite National Historical team rescues Amorsolos, artifacts from Taal Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to give up royal titles Rounding out the top 10 are San Beda’s Robert Bolick (46.11 points), Letran’s Rey Nambatac (45.44 points), Mapua’s Christian Buñag (41.78 points), Lyceum’s Jaycee Marcelino (40.11 points), and Lyceum;s MJ Ayaay and JRU’s Abdulwahab Abdulrazak (39.67 points).center_img For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Prince Eze. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netCommanding the boards in the first round, Prince Eze topped the overall statistical points race for the NCAA Season 93 Most Valuable Player plum.The Nigerian big man collected 52.44 points, built on his averages of 14.8 points on 52.4 percent shooting, a league-best 17.2 rebounds and 2.2 blocks despite only getting 45 bonus points from the Altas’ three wins this season.ADVERTISEMENT Eze, though, said that the award is the least of his concerns as he gears up for Perpetual’s second round campaign.“I just do whatever I have to do to help us win,” he said. “We should win. This does not mean anything to me if we’re not winning.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’Trailing Eze in the ranking is Lyceum big man Mike Nzeusseu, who amassed 48.67 points.Tied at third are Pirates main man CJ Perez and San Beda forward Javee Mocon, who both had an identical 47.56 points, while EAC’s Sidney Onwubere is at fifth at 47.11 points. Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to give up royal titles MOST READ LATEST STORIES OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Police seize P68-M worth of ‘shabu’ in Pasaylast_img read more